Sunday, May 16, 2010

2008 Topps Stadium Club Retail

So... Target hit the secret number in my head that would get me to buy any more of this garbage. It's still overpriced by about a buck-and-a-half.

The fronts of the wrappers make a clear promise: "ONE ROOKIE CARD INSIDE!" I got four. Well, which one is it guys? With all these youngsters, let's check and see how many on the same team's roster for 2010.

Let's tear in.

Top to Bottom:
127 Blake DeWitt
Status: Starting second baseman for the Los Angeles Dodgers

46 Fausto Carmona
Status: Starting pitcher for the Cleveland Indians, currently 4-1

148 Chris Perez
Status: Relief pitcher for the Cleveland Indians

103 Nick Adenhart
Status: Sadly, deceased

117 Hernan Iribarren
Status: Playing for AAA Oklahoma City RedHawks (Texas)

Well, two out of five ain't bad.

Now, off to file these away in my impossible-to-complete drawer. Sigh.

4 comments:

Nachos Grande said...

That #117 Hernan Iribarren wouldn't happen to have a different photo on the back than it does on the front does it? If it does, I'd love to acquire it as that's one of the remaining few I need from this crazy, confusing set!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the back photo is different. It's more of a profile shot. Wanna trade?

Nachos Grande said...

Yes I do! That's one of the few then that I still need!

Chuck's Used Cards said...

thanks for entering the WORLD CUP CONTEST AT CHUCK'S USED CARDS.

good luck

GO USA !