Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Chrome Wars: 2007 vs. 2008

Now that my hatred for former part-time jobs is out of my system, it's time to rip some packs. We're double-bagging it today with a Chro-down Showdown. The 2007 variety cost me $1.59 at a Wisconsin Target, and the 2008 edition set me back $2.99 at a Grand Rapids, MN Target. Yeah, Google Map it...I was way the eff up there.

Let's tear in.

2007
Top to Bottom:
133 Curtis Granderson

282 Jon Knott (RC)
305 Shane Youman X-Fractor (RC)

125 Juan Pierre

Hmmm...I was Knott happy with that pack. Although there have been several occasions in life where a Curtis Granderson card comes in handy in a pinch. Plus, you can see how hard he's resisting the urge to slide across that tarp.

2008
Top to Bottom:
84 Elijah Dukes (I don't like the factoid on the back: "He was the first player in Major League history to homer against the Yankees in each of his first two games." This is a rather limiting set of circumstances that not all players are eligible to duplicate. Your first two Major League games must be played against the Yankees. Go up against anyone else and you're screwed. Looks like a safer record than Dimaggio's 56 to me.)
ARC16 Hideki Okajima All-Star Rookie (Very nice.)

131 Albert Pujols

121 Derek Jeter

For those of you who have been hiding under a rock ever since the Dr. Dirt/Mr. Clean card came out in 1991, that's a pack loaded with stars. I guess you get what you pay for. I got another pack battle in the works for tomorrow, same combatants.

No comments: