Sunday, July 27, 2008

2006 Topps Bazooka Baseball

If I hinted at refraining from opening another pack of this stuff after the last one, I'm going back on my word. I felt the need to bust some wax (or mylar, I guess) and this is all I could scrounge up.

Let's tear in.

Top to Bottom:
105 Randy Johnson Blue Parallel
30 Jason Kendall Gold Parallel (Technically not a Brewer, but more fun than if I had opened this pack last year.)

18 of 24 Alex Rodriguez Comic
7 of 12 Sticker Checklist featuring Pat Burrell, Rocco Baldelli, Shawn Green, and Jason Bay

185 Carl Pavano
165 Nick Johnson
37 Dmitri Young (Looks like he's having some sort of episode.)

77 Jorge Cantu

Rays and Yankees dominate most of this pack. I wish I would get a different insert than the A-Rod comic in one of these, but whatever. The comics are weird. It's like they want to be a tattoo, have aspirations of being a sticker, yet totally flunked out of Presto Magix University. Two separate one-per-pack parallels is obnoxious, especially in what's supposed to be a kid-friendly pack.

No comments: